Thursday, September 24, 2009

September Craze






So September has been a busy month. Allison was baptized on Sept. 12. She was perfect, didn't even cry a little. When he poured water on her head, she smiled. Come on! That is one fabulous kid. We also celebrated Andrew's birthday that Saturday while we had the family over. Andrew got his first scooter, helmet and pads. Oh goodness. I have never seen a cuter kid decked out in protective gear. He is a very cautious rider. Jacob is doing well. He seems content with his job, this week. He likes to move up, fast. Yesterday he went whale watching with his co-workers. I don't know what he is complaing about.

We held our huge yard sale on Sept. 19. So many families donated their 'junk' to the sale. We spent most of Friday sorting through clothes and goods. I think at one point we had more stuff than the Goodwill down the street. I am so thankful and grateful that so many families were willing to give. Great news!!! We raised $1,069 from the yard sale. Talk about a successful yard sale! And we still had to take 3 truck loads to Goodwill afterwards...we donated all of the women's clothing to an abuse shelter for women. And this Saturday is the Los Angeles Liver Walk. My team is called Strollin' for a Cure. My Stroller Strides mamas and some other dear family and friends are walking with me in Santa Monica. The love and support takes my breath away. That is the best way I can describe it. I just don't know what to say. In such a crazy time in my life, I feel so loved. For the Liver Foundation we raised an additional $1,040...as of right now. We still have 3 more days. Woo HOO!!!!

My medical news: Last month I was diagnosed with PSC, a rare liver disease. This month I was diagnosed with Ulcertive Colitis...inflamation of the colon. Another chronic disease. Yuck. I'm now taking 8 pills a day (some would laugh at this number because it seems so minimal....keep in mind, I'm only 28 stinkin' years old...I still say I'm too young for this!!!) To get this lovely diagnosis, I had my very first colonoscopy! Nothing is sacred anymore. And I do believe I will get this procedure every year now. The doctor took biopsies for cancer...they all came back negative!!!! There is always a silver lining. I am grateful and joyous. I'll have a pow wow with the doctor in November. Hopefully all will settle down. No more tests or procedures for awhile...I hope. I'll try to write more in a few weeks. Until then I'm going to try to figure out how to post pictures.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you started a blog Sarah! I wish we all lived closer. We miss you and love you guys!

    ReplyDelete